Elan Media & Communications is the brainchild of Damien Stannard, a communications specialist and former journalist with two decades experience in the media game.
Elan is a boutique media relations consultant specialising in strategic, results driven media management services and website content.
Backed by almost 20 years’ of front line experience with Australia’s largest media company, Damien understands the complex nature of the constantly shifting media environment and has a deep knowledge of how it operates.
For 16 years he wrote for The Courier-Mail, The Sunday Mail, The Cairns Post and other metropolitan mastheads in the News Corp Australia stable. Writing flair and a knack for connecting with people was a speciality as Damien brought life to the stories that mattered to Australian readers.
That experience and a hefty contact book – Damien has relationships in virtually every newsroom from Melbourne to Port Douglas – sparked Elan Media & Communications. The media relations and copywriting company has provided communications support across a spectrum of fields – sport, mining, IT and web design to name a few.
The company can also provide media management, SEO copywriting, tailored crisis communication plans, and media training, using proven techniques learned over a successful career as a media professional.
Elan Media’s behaviour reflects its commitment to the following pillars:
- Energy. Attack every project with vigour and a willingness to deliver in style.
- Mindfulness. An awareness that in all communication there must be awareness of the environment.
- Accountability. Own your behaviour at all times.
- Integrity. Every decision is underpinned by consistently doing what is right.
- Enjoyment. If you’re not in it for fun or profit, then it’s time to move on.